“I hold this to be the highest task of a bond between two people: that each should stand guard over the solitude of the other.”
― Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet
- identity, clues, Sherlock, patterns, watch&listen… observe.*
- (where I came from) x (where I grew toward) + (how my skin warms) – (what I’ve left) = Here, Now.
- “To write
is human, to editis divine.”
“To write is
human, to edit is divine.”
To write ishuman, to editis divine.”
To write is human, to edit isdivine.”
― Stephen King
- This is no mistake. I’m better when I’m writing.
- * CHANGE is the only constant.
- “Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I’m not living.” ― Jonathan Safran Foer
- constantly in love with poetry, the little details, the spaces between things, strangers, the sea
- odd and awkward; always been
- writer by day, writer by night
- a reader too, all the same, always
- “And the rest is rust and stardust.” ― Vladimir Nabokov
We work in the dark ― we do what we can ― we give what we have.
Our doubt is our passion and our passion is our task.
The rest is the madness of art.
― Henry James