17 January 2014
One of the things Y. told me last night: to give myself time to recover. That it’s okay if I’m not as put-together as I should have been.
I know this. I mean–I know I should know this. But it helps, hearing it every now and then from a friend.
Here and now, some things I promise myself:
- I will eat when I’m hungry.
- It’s okay when I don’t get it right the first time.
- I will find a good thing to say for every detail I’m critical of.
- I will reconnect with people in my life who care about me.
- I won’t apologise for what I am feeling, but I will endeavour to understand why I am feeling that way.
I am thinking of you tonight, and the week you’ve had. And I’m passing on this kindness. So: give yourself time, my dear friend.